Thursday, January 28, 2010

Yuck of the Day

The WASHINGTON POST's obituary for the late Jerome David Salinger provided my guffaw for today:

##########Salinger's alleged adoration of children apparently
##########did not extend to his own. In 2000, daughter
##########Margaret Salinger's "Dreamcatcher" portrayed the
##########writer as an unpleasant recluse who drank his own
##########urine and spoke in tongues.

##########Ms. Salinger said she wrote the book because she
##########was "absolutely determined not to repeat with my
##########son what had been done with me."


Great point, Margaret! The only way to protect your son from your father's style of parenting was to publish a book lambasting your father. Your justification utterly persuades me.

Margaret probably gave the royalties to charity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fathers have eaten sour grapes and the childrens' teeth shall be set on edge.

Anonymous said...

I bet Ms. Salinger did not sell a million copies!